Connect with Industry
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our office remains committed to providing our standard level of excellent service. At this time, due to the fluid situation of the coronavirus pandemic, we will do so virtually, rather than in-person, during our regular business hours. To reach the Office of Technology Commercialization, please call 202.687.7424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and Jeremy Alexander at email@example.com . Someone will respond to you promptly.
COVID19 Research Opportunities: Unique Ways to Help
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the White House and a coalition of leading research groups have prepared the COVID-19 Open Research Dataset (CORD-19) of over 44,000 scholarly articles, including over 29,000 with full text, about COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2, and related corona viruses, freely available to the global research community to apply recent advances in natural language processing and other AI techniques to generate new insights in support of the ongoing fight against this infectious disease: COVID19 Open Research Dataset Challenge (CORD-19)
- Research and development collaborations regarding corona virus. BIO is providing this forum for products and services, to facilitate the exchange of information and the opportunity to expedite useful connections between and among the users of this website: Bio’s Forum (hub.bio.org)
- The Pandemic Response Hackathon is a virtual hackathon aimed at better understanding and mitigating the spread of COVID-19 and future pandemics: The Pandemic Response Hackathon (datavant.com)
- Summary of COVID19 Situation & Supply Needs: Open Source COVID19 Medical Supplies
- Relecura is an AI-based technology company based in the SF Bay Area offering an IP and technology analysis platform and automated patent classification tools, freely available to Corona virus researchers until May 31st. Researchers may email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating their name, title, and the name of the organization. On a related note, their technical exploration tool, Tech Explorer, is available to all researchers for free: Tech Explorer Tool
- The Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) hosted a productive virtual summit intended to foster collaboration among key government agencies and biopharmaceutical innovators with one goal: eradicating Covid-19: BIO Coronavirus Collaboration Initiative Summit Day 1
- BARDA Opportunities for Coronavirus Researchers; Funding Awards up to $750,000 available: BARDA EZ BAA Program
- The U.S. government is providing a portal for the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) medical countermeasures task force as a single point of entry for the submission of market research packages and meeting requests from interested stakeholders: BARDA TechWatch Meeting
Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC) manages Georgetown University invention disclosures, patenting and licensing activities, research collaboration agreements, material transfer agreements, confidentiality agreements, data use agreements, copyright and intellectual property agreements between the University and faculty, engagement of Georgetown University in the founding of startup companies, and assistance to University entrepreneurs in starting their own companies. If you believe that you have an invention, it is critical that you disclose the invention to OTC immediately, and prior to any publication or public presentation of the invention.
- About Us
- For Georgetown Inventors – Reporting an invention and other resources
- Industry Collaboration Opportunities for Georgetown Principal Investigators
- For Industry – Technology Licensing Opportunities
- Startup Guidance – For Georgetown Inventors and Entrepreneurs
- Events – List of events we host throughout the year
Top Stories From OTC
Upcoming I2Is and Events: To Be Determined
In our monthly I2I (Invention to Innovation) event, OTC had the pleasure of hosting George Likourezos, J.D. and Dr. Carmella L. Stephens, Ph.D., J.D. from Carter, Deluca, & Farrell LLP. Georgetown University faculty and staff had the opportunity to learn more about IP protection for AI-implemented Life Sciences inventions and how University Entrepreneurs can prepare for commercialization of their technologies.
“Speed dating” for Innovation: OTC hosted an event where researchers and entrepreneurs with ideas had the opportunity to network with investors looking for ideas, enabling them to meet a large number of potential partners in a short amount of time
Research and Engagement
- Obese Mice Lose a Third of Their Fat Using a Natural Protein
- Researchers Find Inhibiting One Protein Destroys Toxic Clumps Seen in Parkinson’s Disease
Other Stories Here
What is Technology Commercialization/ Technology Transfer?
Watch the Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM)’s site and video featuring the ins and outs of Technology Transfer and learn more about what is involved in its process.