Connect with Industry
Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC) manages Georgetown University invention disclosures, patenting and licensing activities, research collaboration agreements, material transfer agreements, confidentiality agreements, data use agreements, copyright and intellectual property agreements between the University and faculty, engagement of Georgetown University in the founding of startup companies, and assistance to University entrepreneurs in starting their own companies. If you believe that you have an invention, it is critical that you disclose the invention to OTC immediately, and prior to any publication or public presentation of the invention.
- About Us
- For Georgetown Inventors – Reporting an invention and other resources
- Industry Collaboration Opportunities for Georgetown Principal Investigators
- For Industry – Technology Licensing Opportunities
- Startup Guidance – For Georgetown Inventors and Entrepreneurs
- Events – List of events we host throughout the year
Top Stories From OTC
Upcoming Events: TBA
“Speed dating” for Innovation: OTC hosted an event where researchers and entrepreneurs with ideas had the opportunity to network with investors looking for ideas, enabling them to meet a large number of potential partners in a short amount of time
Research and Engagement
- Obese Mice Lose a Third of Their Fat Using a Natural Protein
- Researchers Find Inhibiting One Protein Destroys Toxic Clumps Seen in Parkinson’s Disease
Other Stories Here
What is Technology Commercialization/ Technology Transfer?
Watch the Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM)’s site and video featuring the ins and outs of Technology Transfer and learn more about what is involved in its process.