Method for Identification of Relapse Risk and Treatment in Patients with Colorectal Cancer
Categories: “Cancer Therapeutics“
Reference #: 2014-004
Method of predicting recurrence of colorectal cancer by measuring a combination of six microRNAs (miRNAs) taken from a patient samples, where evaluating the hierarchical clustering of the six circulating miRNAs indicates the risk of cancer recurrence.
The miRNA panel provides reliable and distinctive signatures for identifying the organ source of metastases. The expression levels of specific miRNAs in the tissues correlate with the probability of recurrence-free survival and through multivariate analysis show that perturbed expression of miRNAs in colon cancer has prognostic potential.
- Colon cancer recurrence risk evaluation
- Companion diagnostic for patients with early stage colon cancer.
- Uses easily accessible bio-specimen i.e. Blood
- Standard six member miRNA panel for conclusive diagnosis
- High through-put screening
Stage of Development
Validated across 30 patients, currently investigators are increasing sample population size and bio-
Patent application is pending.